At 1:01 PM +0800 10/3/01, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Derek Balling wrote:
>
>>I seem to have something boned... I can't even run an apachectl
>>configtest without segfaulting.
>>
>># ../bin/apachectl start
>>../bin/apachectl: line 171: 16563 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD
>>../bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>>
>>Removing the Apache::Registry call from my httpd.conf makes the
>>problem go away immediately.
>>
>>This is on apache 1.3.20, mod_perl 1.26, and perl 5.6.1 (-V output
>>at the bottom)
>>
>>Anyone have any thoughts?
>

>Please follow the instructions in the SUPPORT file in the modperl
>source distro to report a segfault. thanks.

Did that. THAT's the output I get, nothing more. Make test, and the
test server all check out 100% and run fine, its only when I put it
in production that it takes a dump, and leaves absolutely nothing
except what you see there.

Lots of the "segfault" stuff in SUPPORT has to do with "when it
segfaults on a request". It's hard to "attach to the running process"
or "send the request that causes the segfault" when you can't get
that far. ;)

| [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
|  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
|                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
|                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |