I'm using Apache::Compress with Apache::Filter successfully and have
modified it to only compress text/html (due to a bug in netscape 4.7).
It's working fine with all version of the following browsers: Konqueror,
Netscape, IE, Opera, Lynx and AOL. I was wondering if anyone has had any
bad experiences with it or knows of any caveats? I noticed that there
are very few sites out there using Content-Encoding: gzip - in fact
yahoo was the only one I could find. Is there a reason for this (besides
a bit of extra CPU usage on the server side)?