On 10/28/01 01:15 PM, Stas Bekman sat at the `puter and typed:
> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Hey all.  I don't know how many people are lurking here, since the
> > list seems to be very light traffic (the lightest of 8 I sub to), but
>

> That's because mod_perl has no bugs :) so we talk about the weather mostly.

LOL.  I shoulda known!
Really, I'm a perl/mod_perl newbie with a C background and I've really
been bitten by the Perl bug lately.  It's been a goal of mine to start
playing with it for some time, but only recently have I started
_making_ time to do it.

> >   . . .
>
> Probably you are the first one that needed PerlSetVar to work with "\n".

Well, it's good to know I got into it before everything had been done
:).

> Why don't you use startup.pl or C<Perl> sections to set the text, where
> you have a complete control over the string?

I'll have to look into those.

> Yet another solution would be to use this:
>
> PerlSetVar Foo "first line"
> PerlAddVar Foo "second line"
> PerlAddVar Foo "third line"
>
> Or you can use the hack suggested by Steven.

Interesting.  It hadn't occurred to me that mod_perl would simply
append the values if Foo had several assigned.  I'll consider that
too, but I think the hack suggested by Steven fits more neatly with
other substitutions I am doing with the string.

Thanks for the ideas.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Optimization hinders evolution.