On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> > Complete requests:      1000
> > Failed requests:        22
> >    (Connect: 0, Length: 22, Exceptions: 0)
>
> If ApacheBench complains about length problems, it means
> that the length of subsequent requests differs from the
> output length of the first request, so dynamic content usually
> screws up ab's response in this way.

I thought about that, but the test script just prints "Hello world" every
time (static length). The failed requests got 0 bytes, according to the
access_log.

I haven't figured out this problem yet, but I'm hoping it's a problem with
ab (after all, it really shouldn't just crash with "Broken pipe" like
that...).