On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:17:44PM -0500, Philip Mak wrote:
> > RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ http://127.0.0.1:8001$1/index.asp [p]
>
> That looks like it will ProxyPass every directory to the mod_perl enabled
> httpd. It would make index.html not work anymore, though. I think the
> optimal solution would:
>
> - display index.html if it is present in the non-mod_perl web directory
> - else display index.asp if it is present in the mod_perl web directory
> - else display a directory listing (if Options +Indexes is on)
>
> I'm thinking that this is not possible, at least not without having to
> make some really ugly configuration hack?

How about this:

<Directory /path/to/static/files/>
RewriteCond    %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteCond    %{REQUEST_FILENAME}index.html    !-f
RewriteCond    /path/to/dynamic/files%{REQUEST_URI}/index.asp -f
RewriteRule    ^(.*)$      http://127.0.0.1:8001$1/index.asp   [P]
</Directory>

--
Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://anime.mikomi.org/ - Community Anime Reviews