On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Philip Mak wrote:

> > You can try with my mod_accel:
> > ftp://ftp.lexa.ru/pub/apache-rus/contrib/mod_accel-1.0.6.tar.gz
> >
> > AccelCacheRoot  cache
> > AccelNoCache    on
> > AccelPass       /          http://127.0.0.1:8081/
> > AccelNoPass     ~*\.jpg$   ~*\.gif$
>
> Hmm, so that would pass any URL that doesn't end in .jpg or .gif. While
> not semantically equivalent to what I'm doing, I think it would actually
> work for my case (I just have to specify what extensions NOT to pass).

You can specify not only extension but any Apache regexp or location:

AccelNoPass     /some_static_location
AccelNoPass     /download  ~*\.jpg$   ~*\.gif$

'*' after '~' means case-insensitive regexp.
'~\.jpg$' is case-sensitive regexp.

Also with mod_accel you will have other benefits -
it allows to make a real backend buffering,
to use busy locks and to limit connections to backend.

Igor Sysoev