Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Alessandro Forghieri wrote:
>

>>Greetings.
>>
>>Randy> That's great that you thought this out and put it together;
>>Randy> a few comments below appear below ...
>>
>>Thanks for playing editor - and I am accepting all of your suggestions,
>>with the possible exception of what follows.
>>
>>Randy> I got confused about which is the "first" and which is the
>>Randy> "second" category ... However, is this much detail needed?
>>
>>The reason this section got in there is that a previous version
>>of the guide included  a highly opinionated quote against multithreading on
>>single processor
>>machines, which totally failed to take into account applications with long
>>running requests (except for saying that such apps should not exist). Hence
>>the counter-example, which I have now somewhat shortened.
>>If  there is still a consensus on it being overkill,
>>I can drop it altogether.
>>

> I wasn't aware of that ... perhaps the section of the guide you
> refer to could be revised? Anyway, in that context, I think
> having this section in isn't overkill, and would be good to leave
> in. The revisions look good - balanced, yet detailed enough that
> people reading it shouldn't get surprised by this behaviour.

Don't modify the guide, just throw some random and structured winXX
notes into a new doc,and we just add it to the guide as a new chapter.
Then people start sending patches and polish it, like the rest of the
chapters. The new 2.0 docs generation will have each OS specific notes
in its own chapter.

so if Alessandro or Randy volunteers (please say so), please ask winXX
users to send you more winXX specific notes/scenarios and you (the
volunteer) will be the official maintainer of the doc and send me the
new doc and then the future patches. For 2.0 you will simply have a
commit access and be able to maintain these by yourself and go wild.
Does this sound good?

On this note any volunteers to start working on OS specific notes for
other OSs? (BSD/Solaris/AIX/HP-UX/Mac).

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com