At 11:24 AM -0700 10/3/01, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:
>On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 11:10  AM, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
>
>>I've been able to build a mod_perl enabled apache (not DSO) for Mac
>>OS X 10.1 and it seems to work fine. Now I'd like to include the
>>apple_hfs_module or hfs_apple_module that Apple included as a DSO
>>in the standard install to take care of some security issues
>>related to the case-insensitivity of the HFS+ file system.
>
>   /usr/libexec/httpd/libperl.so ships with 10.1; there's usually no
>need to build your own.  Just uncomment the LoadModule/AddModule
>lines referencing perl in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf.

Oh, I didn't realize that. But anyway, I've always stayed away from
mod_perl as a DSO since I thought there were problems with it ...
have they (don't even know what they were) all been fixed?

>   For what it's worth, I've heard that mod_hfs_apple is broken in
>10.1, but I haven't verified that.

According to ...

http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Technical/2001-09-29-01.html

... it's because of a name change. The article gives a fix.

--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University