On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
>
> > Well, you guys are touchy lot!  My releases are no less frequent than
> > releases of DBI or even mod_perl.  So just chill out, I sometimes have
> > other things on my mind.
>
> I don't know about touchy so much as frustrated.  Apache::Session is very
> widely used but it doesn't feel well supported.
>
> Comparing it to DBI or mod_perl seems a bit silly.  It is not as widely
> used as either and is far less complex.
>
> My big concern is that there is a fatal error in Apache::Session::Flex
> that makes it completely unusable.  You've known about this for at least
> 9-12 months but you haven't bothered to release a simple bugfix release
> for it.  Its a 3-4 line change!

Then package it up, send me the tarball, and I'll upload it to CPAN.
Repeatedly sending me patches isn't any more likely to get me to pay
attention to it.

Regarding Flex, nobody uses it.  It is for debugging.  If you have a
particular variant of Flex that you use all the time (very likely), you
can code up a 6-line module to make a real implementation like all the
other session modules.

Flex is for debugging, period.

Version 1.54 is uploaded to CPAN so go nuts.

-jwb