> If you have other things on your mind, that's fine.  That's why I
> suggested you should consider letting someone else maintain it.  I know
> I'm not the only person frustrated by the current state of affairs.

My solution to this problem is, that I have created a package named
Apache::SessionX which subclasses Apache::Session and contains all the
eXtentsion I need (most of them for Embperl, but they are also usefull
outside of Embperl). This also contains a replacement for
Apache::Session::Flex which can be configured via Makefile.PL and make test
is testing if this really works on the system.

The main point why I wrote this is, that Jeff doesn't like to have some of
the functionality in the Apache::Session base class and I can bugfix and
maintain it myself, without waiting for the next release of Apache::Session
(there are also some ways to subsubclass Apache::Session::x:y packages build
in)

It is currently available from ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/session/ and
will be soon released to CPAN

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131