Well AxKit certainly has its flaws (it's almost to the point where I either
have to do major re-writes, or a complete re-write, or just work really hard
to fix the flaws, as happens with most projects of its kind when you have
used them to do serious work), but I can't agree with you that XML is one of
them. It's just a syntax for describing data after all, so don't think in
terms of the syntax - think in terms of data! That's the biggest problem I
have when people start saying "Well, but XML sucks!".

I wouldn't necessarily say it's best of breed. For a real "best of breed" I
would look towards Cocoon2. But you get what you pay for, so while AxKit
might not be as well designed and thought out as Cocoon2, it's a hell of a
lot easier to get started with, and continue working with, and it still
seems to be faster and more flexible in some ways.

Besides, I'm the wrong person to ask ;-)

Matt.
--
<:->Get a smart net</:->