> > But then if you're happy with EmbPerl, why switch?
>
> A couple of reasons, really:
>
>   1) well, I actually wouldn't switch per se; people think in
>      different ways, and it's often useful to support (and feel
>      comfortable with) different development paradigms

Embperl 2.0 (starting with b4) also supports pipelining and XML. This
especialy gives a lot of possibilites to use the best of both worlds
together or standalone.

Of couse such things are new in Embperl and not everything is documentated
very good right now, but I think it's worth a look. In 2.0b6 I plan to
finish the Perl API so you can easly write your own Embperl's
provider/processor/filter in Perl.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131