On Monday 10 December 2001 16:21, Andrew Green wrote:
> I'm trying to use a startup script to preload a selection of common
> modules, but am having massive problems with Fcntl.
>
> If I use Fcntl (); either in the startup script directly or (worse) in
> any other modules I try to preload, Apache dies silently and immediately
> upon restart.

Have you tried to see if it works without the trailing () ? This explicitly
tells Perl not to call Fcntl->import(). In non-buggy Perls, a later instance
of "use Fcntl" without the empty list of params will cause import() to be
called nevertheless, but it could be that a in earlier Perls, or perhaps due
to a bad interaction with mod_perl, this is not the case in your situation.

Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
"It's better to be quotable than to be honest." -- Tom Stoppard