Andrew Green wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>    Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Weird, what Perl version are you using? Can you do:
>>

>>perl -MFcntl -le1
>>or
>>perl -le 'require Fcntl'
>>

> Both seem to work (producing no output, but no errors either).  The
> *really* peculiar thing is that actual scripts that "use Fcntl" work with
> no problems -- but I can't preload the module, or preload other modules
> that use it.
>
> According to /perl-status, I'm using perl 5.00503 for Apache 1.3.19 on
> Red Hat 6.2, mod_perl 1.21.  On processes that have accessed these
> scripts, Fcntl shows up on /perl-status?inc and claims to be version 1.03.
>
> If it's any help, HTML::Entities displays exactly the same behaviour (and
> claims to be version 1.22).

Hmm, how about upgrading modperl?

May be it has something to do with the module getting loaded twice
(since Apache restarts)? I see that HTML::Entities runs code on require
and loads .so, the same goes for Fcntl; I'm not sure whether this
$Apache::Server::ReStarting flag was available at mod_perl 1.21 (Check
the Changes file), but if it does try to do this:

if ( $Apache::Server::ReStarting ) {
   require Fcntl;
}

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com