"Perrin Harkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > I am planning to host an application and its size is going to be big one ,
> > so expect the concurrent number of connection s to be around 2200.
> > To combat the same , want to perform load sharing on 3-4 servers.
>
> If you really expect 2200 concurrent connections, you should buy dedicated
> load-balancing hardware like Big/IP or Cisco LocalDirector.

Aside from the fact I _really_ wouldn't expect that manny actual, live
TCP connections at one time...that many users, maybe...

I _really_ hate so-called dedicated boxes. They're closed, nasty,
inflexible and often don't work in _your_ situation. Doing smart
session-based redirection can be hard with these boxes.

--
David Hodgkinson, Wizard for Hire        http://www.davehodgkinson.com
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com