With this amount of connections, you may want to check LVS at http://www.linuxvirtualserver.com or Ultra Monkey et http://ultramonkey.sourceforge.net/ (althought i never used the last one, I think it might be easier to use).

This is open, efficient and reliable load balancing and high availability software. Using it, you just have to install several (common) apache server running your application, and tell the load-balancer to forward to one of the real servers. Nothing special to install exept an NFS or Coda service to share your Web sites.

Fred
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Hemant Singh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : vendredi 14 décembre 2001 09:51
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : load balancing on apache

Hi All

I am planning to host an application and its size is going to be big one , so expect the concurrent number of connection s to be around 2200.To combat the same , want to perform load sharing on 3-4 servers.So the ide is to put one machine on external IP and this machine , after receiving the requests would forward them to any of the other three machines having the application deployed and running on the same environment.Pls suggest how can i achieve this on apache.

Thanks in advance
Hemant