You should also check out Coyote Point's Equalizer ... this a
hardware/software solution that worked well for ValueClick up to about 70
million requests per day. It's basically a FreeBSD box with a custom
dynamic natd ... supports hot-swap redundancy with two of 'em installed
... and a _lot_ cheaper than LocalDirector and others (although we did
move to a high-end Foundry Server Iron system eventually) ... good support
from a small company too.

- nick

Nick Tonkin   {|8^)>