Perrin Harkins wrote:

>>What do you suggest as a good benchmark tool to use that would be
>>'smart' when testing a whole complete site.
>>

> For pounding a bunch of URLs, the best are ab, httperf, and http_load.  If
> you need something fancier that tests a complex series of actions and
> this list, but I haven't tried any of them myself so I can't comment on
> them.  They will not scale as easilly as the first three I mentioned though,
> so if you need to test hundreds of requests per second with them you will
> need multiple machines to run the clients on.

Like Perrin says, also see some examples in the guide.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html

If you really need to write many benchmarks try my never released
Apache::Benchmark and if you find it useful, it should be easy to port
it to use HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench as it currently calls 'ab' and
parses the output.  Get the package from here:

http://stason.org/works/modules/Apache-Benchmark-0.01.tar.gz

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com