On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 03:02:23PM -0500, Jason Czerak wrote:
> I looked at just about every template system on CPAN and came across
> text::template. Anyone use this one? I don't require if/then's within
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A template system should (IMO) do exactly that. The logic shouldn't be
embedded in the templates. That's why I settled on CGI::FastTemplate
(Yes, yet another templating system).

> the template. Infact all I really need are call backs to an API that I
> am currently developing. And in the case that I do need if/then's. I can
> use pure perl within the template. Even do SQL queries with-in the
> template, or not even use the API at all if I wanted to.

I don't want any code/sql in my templates, and it works out fine that
way for whatever project I do. And it's certainly easier for the
project's webdesigner to gasp when there's no code they can break by
using whatever windows-app they want to use to edit their html.

I tried Mason and other of the more featurefull template systems out there
but I always ended up going back to CGI::FastTemplate.

my $cent = 2; # on templates

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>