From: John Armstrong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 11:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Strange Apache 2.0 rewrite/proxy issue

This 'seems' to be a modperl issue.

My configuration. I needed a 1.1 compliant reverse proxy in order to
support Chunked encoding for an xml gateway.

Since only Apache 2.0 has a 1.1 compliant reverse proxy I replaced my
Apache 1.3.14 standard apache wth an Apache 2.0.28 with the proxy
support compiled in.

My modperl server on the backend is still running as 1.3.14.

The 2.0.28 proxy uses mod_rewrite. When it rewrites url's internally to
go to a static apache server all works great!

However, when it rewrites to my modperl 1.3.14 server apache 2.0.28
children start segfaulting left and right with a code 11. I can not find
any reference to this on the 2.0 mailing lists/groups.

Does anyone know why Apache 2.0 running as a rewrite reverse proxy would
die only when it talks to my modperl servers? This is destroying my
development time and about  to kill me on some significant deadlines :(

John-