I am using Apache1.3.22/mod_perl1.26 with mod_usertrack.c

from httpd.conf
 #User Tracking
 LoadModule usertrack_module   libexec/mod_usertrack.so
 AddModule mod_usertrack.c
 CookieTracking on
 SetEnvIf Request_URI (\.gif|\.jpeg|\.js|\.css)$ junk
 CustomLog /usr/local/sites/dev/logs/clickstream
"%{cookie}n|%H|%m|%f|%U%q|%{User-agent}i|%{%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S}t" env=!junk

Along with a cron job and MySQL to gather the Website Statistics
But on this site, I also have say a Admin Section or a WWW Posting Board
The user doesn't have to log into until they go to that section at which point

I use the following modules to authenticate them against MySQL and give them a
cookie only if they auth correctly (Careful, Apache::Cookie is broken as far as
I can tell with Apache::Session::MySQL hence the CGI)

use Apache;
use Apache::Request ();
use Apache::Constants qw(OK REDIRECT);
use Apache::Session::MySQL;
use CGI qw(:standard);
use DBI;

Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) [EMAIL PROTECTED] 301.314.3118

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
        Webmaster & Webship Teacher

EJPress.com
        Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume      : http://www.p6m7g8.com/resume.txt