Same and more questions ...

> And now second problem. Has anyone modified one of these modules so,
> that when user first enters the site he will get a cookie immediately
> (with random generated ID) and can walk around there. And if he logs in
> then the cookie gets modified accordingly (saying that user is logged
> in).

I've got the same problem, as I'm using Apache::Session for generic
cookie handling. Which is comfortable and on top I've got any session
values stored in mySQL table.

Then I wanted to build in my old style login,storing an loginflag to
the actual session.

When a secured page/file/component/location is requested and no
loginflag is around he will be promted with a login page. So far so
easy.

Then I started to think ...

a) Is the sessionkey of Apache::Session secure? Can it be tampered? Is
some IP init?

b) Could I use one of the existing Auth/Ticket modules working in the
cookie of Apache::Session ... the same questions.

BR Christian