> Ken Miller wrote:
>
> There was a module floating around a while back that did request
> limiting (a DOS preventional tool).  I've searched the archives
> (unsuccessfully), and I was wondering if anyone knows what the heck
> I'm talking about.

maybe you had Stonehenge::Throttle in mind?

http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col17.html

> I thought it was on Matt Sergeant's web site, but for the life of me
> I can't remember what the url is.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> My next question would be, if I can't find the module, is what phase
> would I place a request limiter?  Should it just go at the head of
> the PerlHandler chain, or earlier in the request phase?

PerlHandlers are for delivering content.  PerlAccessHandlers are for
restricting access.  If you're really feeling the load, you can use a
PerlPostReadRequestHandler, which serves as kinda a general-purpose
stage that occurs early on, as to nab the bad requests as early as
possible.

HTH

--Geoff