Perrin Harkins wrote:

Umm I didnt mean to offend anyone in my previous posting - I did say I
probably hadnt presented my situation properly.

> First, ePerl has nothing to do with Embperl or Mason.  It is a totally

Ofcourse you noticed I wrote ePerl/EmbPerl/Mason ?? I clubbed them
together since I assume among other things you can embed perl code in
HTML using either of them.

> The Apache::ePerl code is very simple, and I suggest you read it at some
> point.  It attempts to eval() your code, and does the behavior you saw
> if it fails (which is what happens when your script does a die()).  I
> don't think you can change that without changing the code, but that's
> pretty easy to do.

My problem is that die works fine as such but it conks out if done
inside a eval.

----------------------
<%
die "blah blah blah";
%>
----------------------

redirects me to the default error page.

----------------------
<%
eval {die "blah blah blah";};
%>
----------------------

on the other hand says the following.

----------------------
Apache::ePerl
Version 2.0214

ERROR:
Error on evaluating script from P-code

Contents of STDERR channel:

blah blah blah at /xxxx/test.html line 2.
----------------------

I am not sure why that might be considered acceptable response but it
really makes my code a lot more messier trying to circumvent that.

If I could have fixed Apache::ePerl I wouldnt be asking the question
here - I usually dont go around asking questions to show people how much
I know about anything. I am not asking to be spoonfed or something but
if there is something which can be done without changing the
Apache::ePerl code I would opt for that. It feels like being told to
change gcc's code if my C code is not working :) - yah both of them are
written in C .

Mithun