John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, I can confirm that it still doesn't work for me... :-/  Is everyone
> using Perl 5.6.1 here?  Because somehow some of the files I downloaded had
> the string "perl500503" embedded in them.  Even after search/replacing all
> that, I ended up with an httpd that pukes with the same old symbol
> conflicts when I try to start it.

Don't try to use the modperl tree that's in the apache tarball- it was
left in there by mistake (I didn't realize "make distclean" won't remove
modperl from the apache source tree).  You need the modperl source
to compile everything from scratch, starting with modperl.  When you're
testing Apache::Cookie and Apache::Request, be sure you're not trying to
load the old versions of these packages.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Joe Schaefer