"Stathy G. Touloumis" wrote:

> I thought I saw a posting on how to retrieve an independent database handle
> from Apache::DBI  using a certain method call (instead of from the shared
> $dbh for the child).  Does anyone know where this documentation may reside
> (If it is possible).

I'm not sure what you mean, really, but perhaps you mean
dbi_connect_method?

from man DBI:

The "dbi_connect_method" attribute can be used to specify which driver
method should be called to establish
the connection. The only useful values are 'connect',
'connect_cached', or some specialized case like
'Apache::DBI::connect' (which is automatically the default when
running within Apache).

so, basically you can create a connection under Apache::DBI that is
_not_ cached using 'connect'.

is that what you meant?

--Geoff