"Stathy G. Touloumis" wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you mean, really, but perhaps you mean
> > dbi_connect_method?
>
> Did you mean specifying this argument like so ?
>
> DBI->connect( $driver, $u, $p, { dbi_connect_method=> 'connect' } );
>
> I will see if this is what I am looking for.  Thanks for the reference : )

this is how i usually do it in startup.pl:

#dont declare DBI!!!!
use Apache::DBI;

# Initialize the database connections for each child
      Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
          ("DBI:mysql:database=Ezines;host=localhost",
           "root","database",
           {
            PrintError => 1, # warn() on errors
            RaiseError => 0, # don't die on error
            AutoCommit => 1, # commit executes immediately
           }
          );

$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 1;

then in my code i just use DBI as i normally would:

    my $dbh =
      DBI->connect(

'dbi:mysql(RaiseError=>1,Taint=>1):dbname=database;host=localhost',
        'username', 'password', );

    my $count = $dbh->selectrow_array( q{
SELECT
count(*)
FROM
Ezines
    },
        {},
    );

      $dbh->disconnect;

if you tail the log file you should see Apache::DBI::DEBUG messages