On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:44:03AM -0600, Fister, Mark wrote:

> > Dear mod_perl experts:
> >
> > Collectively, we've been at this for more than two weeks and have searched
> > various mod_perl archives, all to no avail.
> >
> > Symptom:
> > =======
> > SIGSEGV after fork().  Very reproducible.  Memory corruption gets moved
> > around if the codebase changes.
>
> [ SNIP ]
>
> The above is the key: moved around.  Therefore, I need Purify or similar
> tool.  I'm going to have to go this route, since nobody has any ideas.
> Go go gadget purchasing! :(
>
> The only other way I can think of to solve this is to send my module list
> to this audience.  Please find it, attached, with home-grown modules
> deleted.

To further diagnose this problem you might consider using the sigtrap
module and paying careful attention to your logs...  This at least led
me to the portion of my perl that was causing the problem.

A simple

  use sigtrap;

The default signal handler used in this module gives you a stack trace
before the core dump..

--
Paul Lindner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org/
         Human Rights Declaration   http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/index.htm