On Monday 18 February 2002 07:29 pm, Rob Nagler wrote:
> I may be asking the wrong question: is there a need for sessions?
> This seems like a lot of work when, for most applications, sessions
> are unnecessary.

I don't see how they could be unnecessary for what we're doing. Then again,
maybe I'm just approaching the problem incorrectly. If one is doing a
shopping-cart-style application (whereby someone selects/configures multiple
items before they're ultimately committed to a database) how else would you
do it? There has to be some semi-persistent (i.e. inter-request) data where
selections are stored before they're confirmed.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC