> When I used CGI::SecureState it gave the client a non-versioning (more on
> that later) key and stored the state information in the filesystem.

Okay, I only looked at it briefly and thought it stored the data on the
client.  Your module is actually more like CGI::EncryptForm I think, but
yours may make things a bit more transparent.  Maybe you should polish it up
for CPAN.

I'm well aware of the page-state vs. browser-state problem.  I was recently
bitten by it again when some consultants built a web app for my company that
puts the search results in a session keyed on a cookie.  As soon as the user
opens two windows, it's absolute mayhem.

- Perrin