And that is what I am doing for a small project I'm working on now. In my
case, I'm not sure about the capabilities of the remote server, and I know
for sure that I don't have a database available, so session information is
saved via hidden form fields. It's primitive, but was actually a bit of a
challenge to make sure a (unused) hidden field and a visible form element
don't appear in the same <form>. Not my first choice, but it definitely works.

Drew

At 11:42 AM 2/19/2002 +0000, Ged Haywood wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Milo Hyson wrote:
>
> > maybe I'm just approaching the problem incorrectly. If one is doing a
> > shopping-cart-style application (whereby someone selects/configures
> multiple
> > items before they're ultimately committed to a database) how else would
> you
> > do it? There has to be some semi-persistent (i.e. inter-request) data
> where
> > selections are stored before they're confirmed.
>
>You can for example send a hidden <form> object back and forth between
>your Client and the app.

Drew Taylor                     JA[P|m_p|SQL]H
http://www.drewtaylor.com/      Just Another Perl|mod_perl|SQL Hacker
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      *** God bless America! ***