On Thursday 21 February 2002 05:21 pm, Rick Myers wrote:

> > > have you seen this?  I don't recall this ever coming up before (which
> > > doesn't mean it can't happen :)
> >
> > Yes, I have seen it happen. Quite frequently in fact. My investigation
> > into the problem is how I discovered the cleanup handler wasn't doing its
> > job in time.
>
> Want to see something even more interesting? Let your
> debugging warnings mention the pid that caused the log
> entry and let it run a while on a production server. I see
> stuff like...

To add to all of this, since installing the fixup and cleanup/log handlers,
I've noticed problems shutting down Apache. When running apachectl stop, I
see numerous messages in the logs about the child processes not shutting down
and having to be SIGKILLed. Yesterday however, I relocated my session
management code into Apache::Registry. This seems to solve all my problems.
In fact, it may even open a few additional doors.... :)

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC