will trillich wrote:

> is there a sane implementation of webmail-style mod_perl
> modules for apache?
>
> we're looking to offer email access online through
> apache/mod_perl similar to what folks get at yahoo/egroups --
> and we're hoping to find some mod_perl code that'll hook into
> pop/imap email servers. (and we're hoping to avoid loading php
> into ram.) i saw a thread in the archives (begun on Wed, 12 Dec
> 2001 by Medi Montaseri) but most of the suggestions seemed to
> point to php. we're hoping to stick with mod_perl. :)
>
> rtfm welcome if you specify which fm to r. :) thanks...

Are you needing any specific functionality?

sparkle (a rewrite of acmemail) works as a mod_perl handler, under
Apache::Registry, and of course as a normal CGI. Works with various IMAP
servers via Mail::Cclient. Uses Template Toolkit for
themes/templates/skins.

It's quite peppy once you add all the modules into startup.pl.

It's only in CVS, and doesn't have current docs or CPAN style installer
(yet).

SF project:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/acmemail/

Old page about it: