Ray Recendez wrote:
> I am new to perl/mod_perl and I am trying to implement secure
> authentication with expirable ticket/cookies on our website (Apache
> 1.3.9-Solaris 2.8). I am trying to use Apache::TicketAccess with Apache
> 1.3.9, modssl, openssl, and mod_ssl installed but I am having problems
> even though everything compiled and installed without errors. It seems
> like Apache/mod_perl can?t locate some of the *.pm files even though I
> add the lib paths using ?use lib.?

The error message says it's looking for the MD5 module.  Do you have it?

> What is the difference between
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 directory and /usr/local/lib/perl/site_perl?

The site_perl directory is for modules you install, as opposed to Perl's
standard library.

> Is site_perl platform specific?

There are subdirectories under it for platform specific stuff.  Usually
only XS modules will have anything there.

> Where should modules be installed?

The installation scripts for CPAN modules know where to install
themselves: site_perl.

If you need more information on module installation, I suggest checking
out man perlmod and the CPAN FAQ.  There's also lots of info in the
Programming Perl book.

- Perrin