Hello,

ABH>Not really; you also have to emulate the connection speeds of the
ABH>users. Or does the tools you mentioned do that?

Both of the commercially produced tools I mentioned (SilkPerformer and the
free Microsoft Web Stress program) can throttle bandwidth. Rolling your
own is a bunch harder.

So you're correct. My point though is not so much that the load profile of
what pages get loaded in what order, and what data calls and dynamic
scripts are run in what order are genuine. If you simulate the timing
between requests, you'll even get spikes that are similar to the real
thing. It's definitely not reality! You also miss anomalies like users
closing browsers and (unless you capture full headers) which clients
support keep-alives for example. But, it's closer to reality than most
scripts that are invented (especially be developers ;)).

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101