Fellow mod_perl hackers...

It is with great pleasure that I am able to introduce you to the new
mod_perl logo.  So, without further ado, point your web-browsers at:

http://beverley2.digital-word.com/mod_perl/winner/

The winning logo, designed by Michael Demers (mike [at] inteo.com), won
by a very clear majority.  Congratulations Mike, and thanks for a great
effort!

The new mod_perl button vote resulted in a tie between two designs:
Juergen Spechts' (the existing button) and new design by Tyler
Rorabaugh.  Following a brief discussion with Stas (stas [at]
stason.org), I think it might be a good idea to have several mod_perl
buttons, the idea being that a designer can then choose a button that
doesn't conflict with his/her design.

However, I request your comments on this idea:  should we have just one
button (helping to develop a distinct identity for mod_perl) or should
we have several (for choice)?  It's up to you...

Thank you to everyone who participated in this project.  Kudos to the
designers for their efforts.  Thanks to Stas for his input and ideas,
and Eric Cholet for the voting script.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/  <--  Temporarily off-line