Mark Fowler wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>
> > However, I request your comments on this idea:  should we have just one
> > button (helping to develop a distinct identity for mod_perl) or should
> > we have several (for choice)?  It's up to you...
>
> I think that we need one "theme" of buttons, to ensure consistent
> branding.  As per my comments when I voted stated, I'd love to see some
> buttons/logos based on the winning logo.  In particular:
>
>  - A square button that's just made up of the square cog logo
>  - A square button that's just made up of a grey m and a blue p
>  - A small rectangle version of the words modperl without the cog
>
> ...you get the idea, variations around a central design
>
> Also, we could do with both a monochrome and a black and white version of
> the logo (for print.)
>
> Is the logo available in a vector file format so that we can easily make
> scaled copies of it?  Or are we restricted to the pixel banners that
> currently exist?
>
> Later.
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
>      http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ';use Term'Cap;$t=Tgetent Term'Cap{};print$t->Tputs(cl);for$w(split/  +/
> ){for(0..30){$|=print$t->Tgoto(cm,$_,$y)." $w";select$k,$k,$k,.03}$y+=2}

I definitely agree with this. I'd like to see some more colour
variations (maybe just background colours even) to allow it to fit into
a site's design better.

Jonathan asked whether we should have just one button, or several. I'd
say just one theme, with several variations as mentioned above.

Others have suggested several buttons and I'm assuming they mean with
differing themes. I'm against that, as the point of a logo is to
reinforce the branding of mod_perl. Of course, if people don't want to
use this theme, they won't. That's fine. That's no worse than the
current situation.

Finally, I think the mod_perl/modperl/ModPerl/Mod_perl thing is a
non-issue. We all know what is being talked about, right? It's nowhere
near as bad as the .gif "hard 'G' or soft 'G'" or the vi "V.I. versus
'vie'" problems.

Steve

--
Steve Piner