Dan Wilga wrote:
> What surprises me is that all I have to do to introduce the problem is
> run it under mod_perl. It acts normally when run from the commandline.

Well, let's see, what would be different...

Is it possible that the problem is concurrency from multiple mod_perl
processes?  What happens when you run it with httpd -X ?

Could there be a permissions issue involved?

Are you sure you're only invoking the script once under mod_perl?  If
you raise the number of repetitions, does the command-line version
exhibit the problem?

I don't see any scoping issues in your script, but are you running it
under Apache::Registry?  Maybe the nested subroutines that creates are
causing problems.

- Perrin