Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:

> At 01:44 PM 4/3/02 -0800, Rasoul Hajikhani wrote:
> >Hello folks,
> >I am writing a web based interface to gpg and am using IPC::Open3 and
> >IO::Select to manage STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR handles. But, I can not
> >get stdin to work properly. Here is my code:
> >I am using perl 5.053 and Apache/1.3.14 Ben-SSL/1.42 (Unix) PHP/4.0.3pl1
> >mod_perl/1.24_01.
> >Can anyone see what am I doing wrong?
>
> Make sure your IPC::Open3 is up-to-date.  If it is the version that came
> with Perl 5.053, it probably has a bug in it.  I remember having to patch
> it waaay back (like 5 years ago) to get it to work properly...
>
> Elizabeth Mattijsen

My IPC::Open3 is OK. My problem is with IO::Select. Does anyone know
whether IO::Select has any bugs? I have read the man pages and looked
through the Perl Cook Book for a code snipet that would use IO::Select
to write to STDIN. The one that is in the book does not work for me. So
any comments/suggestions?
Thanks in advance
-r