Hi there,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Slava Bizyayev wrote:

> I have to (re)install mod_perl enabled Apache on prod server, which
> is polluted with the several previous unsuccessful attempts [snip]
> Actually, I need somebody very experienced with the sun4-solaris
> environment to assist me carefully on this slippery road...

It's not that difficult.  You can build another Apache with mod_perl
and run it on the same machine without having any effect at all on the
existing server, which can continue to run as normal.  All you have to
do is to configure the new server to listen to a port other than port
80 (to which presumably your production server is currently listening)
and you can play with your new server until you get it to do what it
needs to do.

The details are all in the Guide:

http://perl.apache.org/guide

and you might also want to have a look at the Eagle Book:

"Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C", ISBN 1-56592-567-X

and/or the Cookbook

http://www.modperlcookbook.org

if you haven't already.

73,