Hi there,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Slava Bizyayev wrote:

> Nice try. Unfortunately, helpless...  Don't you see two instances of
> mod_perl in common perl libraries? That's just flowers...

Are you sure you understood my message?

I don't understand your reply but you seem to be a little frustrated.

Running two instances of a mod_perl Apache does not necessarily
require that you run the Apache nor mod_perl 'make install' twice
(although you may wish to compile different Apache and/or mod_perl
binaries).  You just have to create a second configuration and start a
second server.  You can for example compile a mod_perl Apache in your
home directory and run it without root permissions.  You don't need to
do anything at all to the system's Perl installation until you mean to
run the mod_perl Apache in production, listening to port 80.  In fact
it's probably better if you don't.

Did you get 'make test' to run ok before attempting 'make install'?

73,
Ged.