Hello,

DW>I would also suggest using BerkeleyDB.pm, but with the
DW>DB_INIT_MPOOL|DB_INIT_CDB flags. In this mode, only one writer is
DW>allowed at a time, and Berkeley automatically handles all the locking
DW>and flushing. Just don't forget to use db_close() to close the file
DW>before untie'ing it.

One caveat on this, BerkeleyDB maintains its locks and other environment
information in a local memory segment so this won't work if multiple
machines share the same BerkeleyDB file (e.g., you are using the
BerkeleyDB file over NFS).

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101