Metadot is being used a lot in Schlumberger and Sema intranet websites (Sema is
a large European IT company) , among many other clients. It's also being used in
a big French ceramics company called St. Gobain.

The Open Source version is currently lagging behind our latest (closed-source)
release by about three or four months.  Our closed-source version is comercially
available and comprises, basically, the open-source framework plus a number of
useful add-ons.  We also do custom additions to the framework (in fact tailoring
the software is our main business).

Installing Metadot can sometimes get complicated, but is usually a
straightforward process. I think Metadot internals are easy to learn and
customize, as we have been improving them constantly for the last year. If you
know your way around mod_perl and object oriented Perl you should be able to
tailor Metadot to your liking in little time. You can also choose to program
your own add-ons using the APIs we provide for that.

Hope that helps,

Claudio