On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> If you read the rest of the post I mention it (without telling the name
> :). The problem with this module is that it's useful only after you have
> the core file. which is not good, because (as I've already explained):

it's important to mention Devel::CoreStack, as it is a good starting
point.

> 1. Many users have problems getting the core file dumped

then there'd be no way to automate generating a stacktrace anyhow.

> 2. There can be multiply segfaults with different causes which will
> overwrite each other, so we want to catch SEGVs as they happen.

that's ok, we'll deal with one at time.

> Not talking about the fact that this module is not slick, e.g. you need
> manual interaction to help it get to the trace. (it shows the gdb's
> *more* pager for long output of loading symbols).

don't have to use the module as-is, but there is plenty of logic in there
that can be borrowed, rather than figuring out everything from scratch.