Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>If you read the rest of the post I mention it (without telling the name
>>:). The problem with this module is that it's useful only after you have
>>the core file. which is not good, because (as I've already explained):
>

> it's important to mention Devel::CoreStack, as it is a good starting
> point.

true, as it has the config for a few known debuggers, but otherwise it
just invokes the debugger and pipes the 'bt' or equivalent command to it
and grabs the output.

>>1. Many users have problems getting the core file dumped
>

> then there'd be no way to automate generating a stacktrace anyhow.

You can get a backtrace if you run the process under debugger without
dumping a core file. No special setup required. I was thinking to attach
the debugger on SIGSEGV event. Is it too late? I see certain gnome apps
failing and they ask you if you want to get the stack, without me doing
anything at all. That's what I want for modperl. You say it's not possible?