pascal barbedor wrote:

> apache 2.0.35 / mod_perl 1.99_01 / winnt or win2k

You don't say which perl version you are using. Please remember to run
t/REPORT when sending bug reports. If this is 5.6.0 before we continue,
first update to 5.6.1. 5.6.0 is very buggy. 5.6.1 is very stable.

> I confirm that using a module in startup.pl consisting of
>

>>use Data::Dumper ;
>>use XML::LibXML() ;
>>
>>[1] use Apache::ServerUtil ;
>>[2] my $s=Apache->server ;
>>[3] my $base=$s->dir_config('some');
>>[4] my $xml=XML::LibXML->new();
>>[5] print Dumper $xml ;

I cannot reproduce this problem with the same setup and perl 5.6.1 on
linux. i.e. I run the whole test suite without any segfaults.

> here is a backtrace in case useful
>
> PERL56! 28021683()
> PERL56! 28071c17()
> PERL56! 2805c910()

you realize that this bt is not useful :) even if we knew to do the
easily pointer
arithmetics in our head :) You need to recompile your perl and mod_perl
with debugging enabled.
(at least mod_perl to start with). Use MP_DEBUG=1 when building mod_perl
2.0's Makefile.PL.
I'll prepare a proper doc how to build mod_perl for debuggging and
report bugs with 2.0.

For now if you need to recompile perl with debug mode on please use the
info at:
http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems