On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:20:41PM +0200, Carlo Giomini - tesista Federico wrote:
> I can't manage very well with Apache and mod_perl. I have made an
> installation of mod_perl WITHOUT building a new httpd daemon (NO_HTTPD=1),
> undergoing all the steps until the end (perl MAKEFILE_PL, make, make
> install). After that, I read on the Stas Bekman's guide at
> http://perl.apache.org/guide that mod_perl can albe installed as DSO, via
> apxs. The question is:
Sounds like you are on the right path.

> 1. Is it possible to do a new installation of mod_perl as DSO that
> 'overrides' (so to say) the (incomplete) preceding one or there is the
> risk to mess up things worse?
It is possible and very common to build it one way, install, then
build with different options and install over the top.

> 2. If this risk exists, I should procede with the old installation BUT
> what would I get at the end? Mod_perl statically built inside Apache?
Build what you want and install it. I wouldn't worry about the
the files go in the filesystem). Then you may start to confuse yourself with
copies of apache, httpd.conf, etc scattered around the fs.

> 3. Is there a procedure to 'uninstall' the (incomplete) installation made
> so far?
The only procedure I know is to manually remove the files. There may
be a automated method, but I've never felt the need to find out about
it.

--
28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]