> From: D. Hageman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Subject: Re: File::Redundant
>
> Interesting ... not sure if implementing this in this fashion would be
> worth the overhead.  If such a need exists I would imagine that
> would have
> choosen a more appropriate OS level solution.  Think OpenAFS.

This is off-topic of course, but you often don't get
unbiased opinions from the specific list.  Does anyone
have success or horror stories about AFS in a distributed
production site?  Oddly enough the idea of using it
just came up in my company a few days ago to publish
some large data sets that change once daily to several
locations.  I'm pushing a lot of stuff around now with
rsync which works and is very efficient, but the ability
to move the source volumes around transparently and keep
backup snapshots is attractive.

  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]