From: "Bart Frackiewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 6:34 PM
Subject: SOAP and web services

Dear List,

i want to create a server in mod_perl/apache, which receives request via
get/post (plain), process this request (with database access and some
functions) and answers in xml (with correct header), after planning this
about a month i realized that this is called a "web service".

the difference between my solution and all articles was SOAP, which i
understand as an extension to http, so in my opinion i need something that
allows to parse the request and creates the output, is there a solution for
mod_perl anyway? and is this solution stable for a production server which
more than 10.000 request/day?

i hope this is the right place to ask, but in all articles i read there were
only examples for java/tomcat, not for perl/mod_perl.

Thanks in advance

Bart Frackiewicz

--
BART FRACKIEWICZ