Tom:

Here is one of them. I think that I saw it elsewhere also.  When I come
across the other pages, I will advise.

http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-site-ok/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#MinSpareServers_MaxSpareServers_StartServers_MaxClients_MaxRequestsPerChild

Thanks again Tom!

Also, here is another question:  I am putting the following in my startup
file to initialize a db connection:

# Initialize the database connections for each child
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
("DBI:mysql:database=test;host=localhost", "user","password",
{ PrintError => 1, # warn() on errors
RaiseError => 0, # don't die on error
AutoCommit => 1, # commit executes immediately }

I am also using the $Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2; flag to ensure it is working
properly.

I am NOT seeing the entries in the error_log both when Apache::DBI
initializes a connection and when it returns one from its cache.

Shouldn't I be able to see a reference to the connection in my error_log file?

I checked both my virtual host error_log file and the server error_log
file. Nothing in either.

Gregory